Have you ever wondered how your time volunteering for Destination Imagination (DI) can have an even greater impact? Explore corporate volunteer match programs!
As a Team Manager and Board Member for Destination Imagination, Inc., I know firsthand how generous you are with your time supporting Destination Imagination. DI would not be successful without the support of our community of volunteers, including Team Managers, volunteer Affiliate Directors, Regional and Tournament Directors, Affiliate Boards, Challenge Masters, Alumni Ambassadors, tournament volunteers and so many others! Did you know that your time volunteering may be able to have an even greater impact for kids and Destination Imagination?
I encourage everyone with a passion for Destination Imagination to explore whether they are eligible for a corporate volunteer matching program at their place of work. I have managed teams at the elementary level in Maryland for five years, initially for my twin daughters, Abigail and Liliana (13), and am currently managing a Rising Stars team for my son, John (7). Like many others, I always considered my greatest gift to DI to be my time, occasionally giving modest financial donations to Destination Imagination, Inc. and our Maryland Affiliate.
It wasn’t until last month, when I read a colleague’s blog post about volunteer benefits at my own company, T. Rowe Price, that I learned about volunteer matching programs. In addition to traditional donation matching, many companies today offer volunteer matching programs – essentially dollars donated to a nonprofit organization of your choice in recognition of volunteer hours you’ve completed. With just a few minutes of time on my part, I was able to convert my time spent volunteering in 2021 to a generous financial gift from my company to an organization that supports a cause I care deeply about—Destination Imagination.
How to learn more and support DI:
- Here is a list of more than 200 companies that offer these programs. Take a look to see if your employer is included!
- You can also do your own search of your company using the search tool on the Double the Donation webpage.
- If you can’t find your company on the list, you can do a quick search using this directory.
- Even if you don’t see your company on either of these lists, reach out to your Human Resources department or the Corporate Social Responsibility department and inquire about your company’s corporate matching program.
- If you see a company affiliated with a friend in your DI volunteer network, mention the program to them.
- Take advantage of your company’s program, if eligible, and donate to Destination Imagination.
Destination Imagination needs your financial support to expand educational opportunities for students everywhere. We know you give your time, shouldn’t your generosity be recognized further by providing the greatest impact through an employee donation matching program?
Thank you to Kate Nylander, fellow Destination Imagination Board of Trustee member, for compiling the list of participating companies. If you have any questions or are still not sure where to start, you can always contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to help!
Team Manager and Destination Imagination, Inc. Board Member
The post Your Time Volunteering Can Have an Even Greater Impact appeared first on Destination Imagination.