Instant Challenge for the 2020-21 Challenge season may look very different for your team! Some tournaments may be presenting Instant Challenge virtually, while others may be planning to present Instant Challenge at an in-person event.
In order to understand the process for Instant Challenge, your team will need to know the format of Instant Challenge (virtual or in-person) for your tournament. This will be determined by your Regional, Affiliate, and/or Tournament Director.
Once you know the format, be sure your team takes time to thoroughly review all of the information about Instant Challenge in the 2020-21 version of Rules of the Road. Keep in mind that section headers are color coded. Section headers in teal include rules for all teams. Section headers in navy include rules for teams participating in virtual tournaments. Section headers in orange include rules for teams participating in tournaments with in-person events.
Since the process for virtual Instant Challenge is new for this season, Destination Imagination has created a new email address, InstantChallenge2021@dihq.org, to which your team should direct all of your questions regarding the process for virtual Instant Challenge. When your team sends your question to this email address, it will be answered by the Instant Challenge International Challenge Masters.
The virtual Instant Challenge process questions your team sends to this email address are NOT considered official Clarification questions since they are not related to the specific rules of the Instant Challenges. Therefore, your team may ask as many questions about the virtual Instant Challenge process as you wish.
All questions regarding the virtual Instant Challenge process must be received by January 1, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time. The Instant Challenge International Challenge Masters will answer your questions before the first Instant Challenge release date (January 15, 2021).
Your team may ask about the following topics through InstantChallenge2021@dihq.org:
- General procedures for virtual Instant Challenge
- General release dates and deadlines for virtual Instant Challenge
- Recording and editing rules for virtual Instant Challenge
- Materials that can be used in virtual Instant Challenge solutions
- Submission requirements for virtual Instant Challenge
- The Prep process for virtual Instant Challenge
Your team may NOT ask about the following topics through InstantChallenge2021@dihq.org:
- Tournament-specific format questions
- Tournament-specific dates, including which particular release date and submission deadline will be used for your tournament
- Specifics about a particular Instant Challenge
- In-person Instant Challenge process questions
- Scores, deductions, and appeals for your tournament
- Instant Challenge awards
All tournament-specific questions, including questions about the process for in-person Instant Challenge, should be directed to your Regional, Affiliate, and/or Tournament Director.