To the members of the Destination Imagination community,
Over the past few weeks, we have been closely monitoring developments concerning coronavirus (2019-nCoV), which was first detected in Wuhan City, Hubei Province, China. Since then, the virus has been identified in other countries, including cases in the U.S.
The Center for Disease Control (CDC) considers this virus a public health concern based on current information. However, the immediate health risk to the general U.S. public is considered low at this time.
The health and safety of our participants and community members are of our highest priorities. As we near our Global Finals event, please be assured that we are monitoring the situation on a daily basis. At this time, we have no reason to believe that our community will be at risk on-site in Kansas City, Missouri this May.
The best way to prevent infection is to take precautions to avoid exposure to this virus, which are similar to the precautions you take to avoid the flu. The CDC always recommends these everyday actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
For the latest updates on the Coronavirus or the flu, please visit the CDC website.
Destination Imagination, Inc.
The post Message Regarding Coronavirus appeared first on Destination Imagination.