For more than 20 years, Destination Imagination (DI) has been inspiring participants to achieve anything they can imagine in life. Along the way, we have offered a variety of internship opportunities that have provided valuable professional experiences for those who have participated. Now, once again, DI is looking for top talent to join our team and help us achieve our mission and vision.
Have you ever wanted to learn how DI produces educational content or how DI executes one of the world’s largest celebrations of creativity? Perhaps you’re a budding social media influencer who wants to help DI grow its online social presence and marketing efforts. Or maybe you want to know what it is like to work in the office of DI’s Executive Director, Michele Tuck-Ponder, Esq. or are interested in working in DI’s department of strategic partnerships and advancement. All are possible with a DI internship.
The Fall 2020 Destination Imagination Intern class will report to the Director of Strategic Partnerships & Advancement. They will also work closely with other department heads and staff to execute their internship in their chosen area of interest.
- Internship starts October 1, 2020 and concludes December 18, 2020 (with possible extension into 2021)
- Between 5-10 hours of work per week
- Opportunity for personal growth and learning in a flexible, fast-paced environment
- Must be 18 years of age or older as of October 1, 2020
- Must be available for work at least 5 and up to 10 hours per week
- Must be willing and able to work remotely and on Eastern Standard Time
- Must have access to their own secure laptop computer and high-speed internet connection
- Must fill out this application by no later than September 1, 2020
- Candidate must be planning to enroll in a degree-granting program, enrolled in a degree-granting program during the internship or must be a recent graduate (within 8 months) of a degree-granting program from a college or university with a demonstrated interest in (education, business development, event execution, fundraising/development, social media engagement, marketing, creative or executive leadership)
- Those majoring in relevant fields such as Education, Youth Development, Business, Nonprofit administration, Marketing, Creative and similar fields preferred
- Broad understanding of digital tools and social media
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience in Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to take initiative as a self-starter
- Strong creativity and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a remote setting with a small, fast-paced team and manage multiple tasks
- Educational Experiences team (Develops DI Challenges)
- Social Media team (Develops DI’s online brand)
- Creative team (Develops DI’s brand visuals)
- Marketing team (Develops marketing strategy and materials)
- Event Planning Team (Plans Global Finals)
- Strategic Partnerships & Advancement (Develops corporate sponsorships and fundraising relationships)
- Office of the Executive Director (Works with DI’s ED on a variety of initiatives)
- Training team (Develops training courses for DI community)
Benefits and Compensation
Destination Imagination, Inc. offers paid part-time internships. Intern will receive a $1,000 stipend for the duration of the internship. The intern will receive 50% of the stipend at the halfway point of the internship on the condition that they receive a positive evaluation from their direct manager. The intern will receive the balance of the stipend at the completion of the internship.
*Please note that this is a Fall 2020 internship, and all Fall 2020 internships will be remote*
Destination Imagination, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Destination Imagination, Inc. provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Apply for a DI Internship
Click here to apply for a DI Internship. All applications must be received by September 1, 2020.
The post Intern at Destination Imagination! appeared first on Destination Imagination.