Don’t forget to enter our Ugly Holiday Sweater Contest! Our contest is open to elementary, middle and high school students ages 8-18. Three lucky winners will receive a $100 Visa Gift Card! See contest details and official rules below.
Your Challenge: We want you to use your imagination and CRAFTivity to celebrate the good, the bad and the ugly of the winter holiday season by designing and creating your own Ugly Holiday Sweater.
Our Ugly Holiday Sweater contest is open to elementary through high school students ages 8-18. To be eligible, your Ugly Holiday Sweater design must be made on a sweater, sweatshirt or vest and must be based on a winter celebration, such as Christmas, Hanukkah, New Year’s, etc.
From pom-poms to glitter to LEDs, you may use any materials you wish to help create your Ugly Holiday Sweater design. All contest entries must be appropriate for all audiences.
Entries will be appraised by Destination Imagination, Inc. staff on the following: Creativity, Festive Presentation, Visual Impact, and Originality.
Please be sure to read and follow our Official Contest Rules before creating and submitting your entry.
The Destination Imagination Ugly Holiday Sweater contest is open to elementary through high school students ages 8-18. All entries by students under the age of 13 must be submitted by a parent or guardian.
Entries will be appraised on the following:
- Creativity (Up to 25 points)
- Festive Presentation (Up to 25 points)
- Visual Impact (Up to 25 points)
- Originality (Up to 25 points)
Please note that additional items such as hats, jewelry or other festive attire will not be considered during the voting process.
Destination Imagination will select one winner from each of the following levels: Elementary, Middle, and Secondary.
One winner from each of our three grade levels (Elementary, Middle, and Secondary) will receive a $100 Visa Gift Card.
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
Click here to read our Official Contest Rules.
- The Ugly Holiday Sweater Contest is open to elementary through high school students ages 8-18. (You do not need to be a DI participant to enter.)
- Read and follow the Official Contest Rules.
- Create your Ugly Holiday Sweater design. (You can download and print our Ugly Holiday Sweater template to help plan out your design, but all completed and submitted Contest designs must be made on a sweater, sweatshirt or vest.)
- You may create your design as an individual or as a team. However, if you design your Ugly Holiday Sweater as a team and it is selected as a winning entry, the prize will be awarded only to the Contest entrant.
- Take a photo of yourself wearing your Ugly Holiday Sweater design.
- Upload the photo to our Ugly Holiday Sweater Contest Page and include a brief summary of your design, as well as your grade level (Elementary, Middle or Secondary), in the Caption section.
- The deadline to enter the Ugly Holiday Sweater Contest is January 5, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. ET.
- Winners will be announced on or about January 14, 2020.
- Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
UGLY SWEATER TEMPLATE
To help plan out your design, download and print our sweater template. Please note that this is only a tool to help you plan out your design and cannot be used as your contest entry.