From recognizing a challenge to innovating and assessing a solution, the creative process is a powerful tool that your team uses in Destination Imagination (DI). For this contest, we want you to show us your team’s creative process in bringing your 2018-19 Destination Imagination solution to life!
In Destination Imagination, the 5 steps of the creative process are:
- Initiate & Collaborate
- Evaluate & Celebrate
We want you to document your team’s creative process in a video that is between 3-6 minutes.
Four lucky teams (one Elementary Level, one Middle Level, one Secondary Level, and one University Level) will be awarded $250 and will automatically qualify to participate in Global Finals 2019.
- $250 – to be awarded to one DI team in each contest level (Elementary, Middle, Secondary and University).
- A pass to Global Finals 2019 for your entire team. The pass will allow your team to compete even if your team does not qualify at the state or regional level. The pass does not include registration fees or travel expenses. The pass only applies to 2018-19 registered DI teams.
ELIGIBILITY & AGE REQUIREMENTS
The contest is limited to Destination Imagination teams that have a 2018-19 Team Number.
- Elementary Level – Kindergarten-5th grade (No student born before June 15, 2007)
- Middle Level – 6th-8th Grade (No student born before June 15, 2004)
- Secondary Level – 9th-12th Grade (No student born before June 15, 2000)
- University Level – Full-time, post-secondary students enrolled in college, university, trade, or technical school or in the military. College-bound high school seniors who are taking accredited courses offered by a college or university that will qualify for course credit when entering higher education.
- Carefully read the Terms & Qualifications. (Download a copy of our Official Contest Rules here.)
- Create your 3-6 minute video documenting the creative process your team uses to create your DI Challenge solution.
- Upload and submit your video via this form by March 4, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. EST.
- Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Edit Your Footage: Edited footage or photos should use smooth transitions and be clear to the viewer.
- Lighting & Location: Choose a location with a lot of available light. If possible, use natural light by working a few feet away from a window, standing with one shoulder toward the window. If you shoot outdoors, choose a spot where the sun will not be directly in front of or behind you.
- Sound: Test the sound quality before you shoot.
- The entries will be appraised by the staff at Destination Imagination based on memorable content, overall impact and creativity.
- Destination Imagination will notify the winners and make an announcement on our blog on or about March 14, 2019.
- $250 will be awarded to one lucky team from each contest category (Elementary, Middle, Secondary and University).
TERMS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Limit only one submission per Destination Imagination team.
- You may use only original, team-created or royalty-free music in your video. Any music included in your video submission must be cited on the video contest form you submit.
- Entries that are slightly over the 3-6 minute video length will qualify. However, please try to keep your entries as close to 3-6 minutes as possible.
- Our “no Interference policy” does not apply to this contest. You may have your friends, Team Managers or parents help you film and/or edit your video.
- By submitting a video, you automatically grant DI a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, irrevocable license to use and publicly display the content.
- You may submit only materials that you own or have permission to use, and you can submit only photos or videos of people who have given you consent to use their image.
- By participating, you agree to release, discharge and hold harmless Destination Imagination, Inc. from any and all liability, loss, damage or injury resulting from participation in this contest.
- If the winner is under 18 years of age, the contest money will be awarded to the Team Manager.