Know a student who is an aspiring actor or reporter? Destination Imagination is looking for kids and teens to bring our Challenge Preview videos to life! Our Challenge Preview videos give Destination Imagination participants a sneak peek at our seasonal Team Challenges and are viewed by more than 25,000 people around the world.
The Challenge Preview videos will be filmed on April 21-22 in Cherry Hill, New Jersey. Students must be available during these days and their parents or guardians must provide their own transportation. Students will be on-site filming for 2-4 hours.
- Students under the age of 18 must ask their parent or guardian for permission before entering.
- We will film the videos on April 21-22 in Cherry Hill, New Jersey. You must be available during these days and provide your own transportation. You will be on-site filming for 2-4 hours. A more precise schedule will be provided for each chosen actor closer to the filming date.
- Friends or parents may help students film and/or edit their video submission.
- By participating, you agree to release, discharge and hold harmless Destination Imagination, Inc. from any and all liability, loss, damage or injury resulting from participation in this contest.
- By submitting a video, you automatically grant Destination Imagination, Inc. a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, irrevocable license to use and publicly display the content.
We are accepting applications via video submission, so here’s what you need to do:
- Download our Casting Call flyer and read our 2 video scripts (pages 3 & 4). We prefer that you have a partner and use the first script for your video audition. We have provided a second script if you need to audition without a partner.
- Create a video of your audition.
- Upload your video to YouTube and set it as public.
- Fill out this form to enter.
- Questions? Email us at: [email protected]
- Deadline to enter is March 1, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. (EST)
A Few Tips Before You Get Started
- Read the script aloud a few times to familiarize yourself with the content before you start filming.
- Keep the delivery enthusiastic.
- Emphasize key words so the listener does not need to concentrate too hard to extract the important information being delivered.
- Make sure you are speaking clearly and accurately so the listener can understand what you are saying. Try not to speak too quickly.
- Allow your own personality to shine through the script. Do not try to imitate another voice or personality.
- Feel free to add some personal embellishments to the script to make it your own. You do not need to read the script verbatim.
Contact us at [email protected].