The Destination Imagination (DI) Global Finals High School and College Graduation Ceremony is a very special and moving event provided for all high school seniors and college students receiving degrees. The ceremony is a “traditional” graduation, but with some DI flair, of course!
All team members or volunteers who are involved in the 2017-18 season of Destination Imagination and who are graduating from high school, college or university in 2018 may apply for this honor. Team members may apply regardless of whether their team qualifies to attend Global Finals. Volunteers may apply whether or not they are attending Global Finals as an Official. The named DI Graduate of the Year will receive $1,000, plus 50% of the Team Scholarship contribution. The named DI Scholars will receive $250, plus 12% of the Team Scholarship contribution. Thanks to the generous individuals and organizations that donate annually to our Team Scholarship contribution.
If you would like to be considered for the 2018 DI Graduate of the Year, please complete the application by April 15, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. (EST).
DI Graduate Application Instructions
- Furnish a recommendation from one individual.
This could be someone such as your Team Manager, counselor, school administrator, etc.
- Tell us why you would like to be chosen.
Using the information below, please tell us why you would like to be chosen as the 2018 Destination Imagination Graduate of the Year.
- Please use your creativity to respond to the following questions:
How has Destination Imagination affected your life, and why is it important to get others involved in the program?
- You may choose to create and submit your creative response in one of the following formats:
- Audio: original song with lyrics or a podcast
- Visual Presentation: PowerPoint presentation or video or an artistic rendition (with an explanation)
- Story: must be typed double-spaced and limited to 2 pages
- Poem: must be typed and double-spaced or hand printed and limited to 2 pages
- Essay: must be typed and double-spaced and limited to 2 pages
- Internet Content: must be submitted in a form distributed via the Internet (free of intellectual property infringements and viewable with a standard browser)
- Have another idea: Great! Go for it!
- Click here to fill out the 2018 DI Graduate application.
- Questions? Email us at [email protected].
All information must reach us by April 15, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. (EST).
The named 2018 DI Graduate of the Year and DI Scholars will be announced in mid-May on the Destination Imagination and Global Finals blogs.