March 17, 2016
Written by Kris Beisel
We are excited to announce that registration for the 2016 Ignite Innovative Education Summit is now open! This year’s conference will be hosted in partnership with Share Fair Nation, the U.S. Space & Rocket Center® and Space Camp®.
Ignite 2016 is an opportunity to listen, learn and grow together with a community of educators, entrepreneurs, business and industry leaders, and DI volunteers from around the world. Anyone who is passionate about improving education, discovering new and innovative ways to authenticallyengage students, and changing lives is encouraged to attend.
The Summit will take place July 20 – July 23, 2016 at the U.S. Space and Rocket Center® in Huntsville, Alabama and will include breakout sessions, inspiring keynotes, and networking opportunities for all attendees, as well as the presence of several astronauts, VIPs and NASA and US Space and Rocket Center educators.
A full list of workshops will be made available in mid-April.
In addition to the core conference events and activities, several add-on experiences will be offered, including a space mission experience, space and flight simulators, high and low ropes courses, water activities, and tours of NASA Marshall Space Flight Center. (Please note: due to NASA restrictions, Marshall tours are available for U.S. citizens only.)
- Discover the best STEAM-based learning practices: Take practical, engaging, action-oriented workshops on ways you can incorporate project-based STEAM learning into your curriculum.
- Learn innovative education practices at one of the most innovative places on the planet, the U.S. Space & Rocket Center!From transforming STEM education to building a student-centered learning experience, hear from education experts and professionals in more than 40 educator workshops.
- Network with volunteers, educators and professionals just like you! Connect face-to-face with Destination Imagination and Share Fair Nation volunteers and staff, as well individuals in your field as you share stories, gather new, innovative ideas and build relationships that last for years.
- First-class conference experience. From the moment you arrive at the Summit, you’ll be provided for at every turn, from core conference events and activities to dining under the Saturn V rocket to testing your skills as an astronaut.
- Gain an inside look at Destination Imagination, a leader in STEAM-based learning for more than 30 years. With more than 1.5 million alumni and 38,000 passionate volunteers worldwide, Destination Imagination has continued to develop and provide affordable educational programming that helps students learn the 21st century skills needed to thrive in an ever-changing economy, including creative and critical thinking, teamwork, project management and perseverance.
- Meet Share Fair Nation, a national leader in promoting best practices, highlighting emergent strategies, and showcasing innovative approaches to teaching STEM subjects to prepare students for the 21st century workforce. Share Fair Nation collaborates with some of the most creative and innovative minds in education to deliver professional development for educators by educators.
Early Bird Registration – $495
Register through April 30, 2016 to receive $100 off of the full registration price. Beginning May 1, the registration cost will be $595 per person. The conference registration fee includes, workshops and keynotes, transportation from your hotel to all events, meals, evening events, and admission to the US Space & Rocket Center museum. Housing options range from $25 a night for dorm accommodations to $130/night for the Westin hotel.
Register for Ignite 2016
Click here to register for the 2016 Ignite Innovation Education Summit. Please note that you will need to use Mozilla Firefox to register for the event.
For questions about this year’s Ignite conference, please contact Kris Beisel at [email protected].