February 01, 2016
Written by Dr. Chuck Cadle, DI CEO
Destination Imagination (DI) is proud to announce a strategic alliance with Share Fair Nation (SFN), a non-profit organization dedicated to fostering creativity, innovation, and access to the best in STEM education throughout the U.S. Through this partnership, Destination Imagination will be providing classroom intensives at each SFN event to demonstrate the ways in which educators can us fun and engaging Instant Challenges to teach their students 21st century skills. In addition, DI staff will attend each SFN event to introduce educators and students to the DI Challenge Program. As the new Treasurer for the Share Fair Nation Board, I are proud to join this extraordinary group of SFN Board members and we look forward to inspiring the next generation of creative thinkers, innovators and leaders together:
- Carrie Morgridge – Chair: founder of SFN and Vice President of Morgridge Family Foundation
- Anna Kimsey Edwards – Vice Chair: Anna has led district and state outreach on behalf of some of the most successful companies and non-profit organizations in education, including Rosetta Stone, Code.org and the College Board.
- John Farnam – Secretary: Community Investment Liaison for the Morgridge Family Foundation.
- Dr. John Bennett: Vice Chancellor for Innovation Initiatives at the University of Colorado and Director of Inworks.
- Dr. Bridget Coughlin: Molecular biochemist and CEO of Shedd Aquarium.
- Denise Gitsham: Lawyer who previously worked at the White House and is a leading voice for San Diego’s innovation economy. Denise is fluent in Mandarin and is an accomplished classical pianist.
- Geof Rochester: Managing Director for The Nature Conservancy
For information on Share Fair Nation’s upcoming events, click here.